Personal information we collect
When you visit our site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the site, we collect information about individual web pages or products you view, what websites or search terms you use on our website, and how you interact with the site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information.”
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
– Cookies are delicious treats, most commonly made with chocolate chips – these don’t collect any data, they just taste amazing. “Cookies” are data files placed on your device or computer and often include a unique anonymous identifier. For more information about cookies and how to disable them, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
– “Log files” track actions occurring on the site, and collect data, including your IP address, browser type, internet service provider, enter/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
– “Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the site.
Additionally, when you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through the site, we collect certain information from you, including your name, billing address, shipping address, and payment information (including credit card numbers, email address, and phone number).
We refer to this information as w “Order Information.”
How do we use your personal information?
We generally use order information collected to fulfill any orders placed through the site (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations). Additionally, we use this Order Information to:
- Communicate with you.
- Screen our orders for potential risk or fraud.
- When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
We use Device Information collected to help screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address) and, more generally, improve and optimize our site.
Sharing you personal Information
We share specific Personal Information details with third parties, as described above. For example, we use Shopify to power our online store–you can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy.
We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the site — you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy.
You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, respond to a subpoena, search warrant, or other lawful requests, or otherwise protect our rights.
As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about targeted advertising, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt-out of targeted advertising by using the links below:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
- Google: https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
- Bing: https://advertise.bingads.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/policies/personalized-ads
Additionally, you can opt-out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
Do not track
Please note that we do not alter our site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
If you are a European resident, you have the right to access the personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information below.
Note that we are processing your information to fulfill contracts we might have with you (for example, if you make an order through the site) or pursuing our legitimate business interests listed above. Please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including to Canada and the United States.
When you place an order through the site, we will maintain your Order Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
For more information about our privacy practices, or if you have questions, please contact us by email at email@example.com